Protect your investments.
As a property manager or owner, your profits depend on the quality of your residents. Eviction and legal fees can cost you thousands of dollars, while property damage can be staggering.
Your investment needs to be protected, and we're here to help! AANM can help you find a qualified renter with our approved Applicant Screening resources.
Meet Our Screening Partners
AANM works with two industry-leading screening providers. Both provide online delivery and technical support with no annual or monthly fees. A portion of the screening fees directly benefits your Apartment Association of New Mexico.
Cozy - Resident screening has never been so easy.
Cozy is modern property management software for landlords, property managers, and renters. They make the rental life-cycle simple for everyone, from application to move out. With Cozy, you'll get in-depth and easily understood screening reports with no site inspection requirement.
- Free for Landlords and Property Managers
- Identity Verification
- Instant Full Credit Report & Score
- No Site Inspection Required
- Complete Background Check
- Instant Results, Shared with the Applicant
- National Criminal Search
- Soft Credit Inquiry
- County Criminal Search
- Complementary Suite of Property Management Tools
- Eviction History
- Easily Paired with an Online Rental Application
- Sex Offender Search
- Terrorist Watch Search
For companies that manage multiple properties or communities, CICReports has built an easy to use system that integrates easily for all of your managers.
- Access to the largest Nationwide Eviction Database with more than 33 million records
- Access to Nationwide Criminal Databases utilizing a unique alias searching technique including sex offender registries (with photos when available) and OFAC
- Credit Information from Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion including risk scores
- CrosXscore’s Instant Decision based on your company’s approval criteria
- RentBureau’s Rent Reveal product
- Social Security Check to verify your applicant’s identity
- Bad Check Search to identify any unpaid bounced checks
- Phone verification of employment, residential, and banking references
- County-level criminal searches direct from the courts
- Auto filled forms such as the “Denial to Rent” saving you time
- Screening of prospective employees including drug testing, driving records, workers compensation reports, I-9 compliance, verification of education and any licenses
- Experian business credit reports
- Negative reporting of delinquent renters to Experian.
- Integrated access to SureDeposit, a surety bond in place of traditional tenant security deposits
- Online Delivery System and Technical Support available 24/7
- Highly trained FCRA Certified staff available to process phone/fax requests & answer questions (bilingual staff)
For landlords with smaller unit counts or independent rental owners, CIC offers ApplyConnect - comprehensive reports at no cost to landlords and real estate agents. The entire screening process can be completed within minutes, securely delivering a complete Experian credit report, risk score, nationwide eviction, criminal and sex offender search. The applicant purchases and shares the report online. It is a soft credit inquiry and no site inspection is required.
Note: In New Mexico, rental property owners and managers can charge an application fee to the prospective resident to cover the cost of applicant screening.