The Affordable Housing Committee is currently working on bringing our members the most up to date information relevant to you and your communities. Please continue to check back periodically for any new information we may provide you.
- Summary of the Eviction Moratorium (appears to apply to all LIHTC properties) https://www.nhlp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020.03.27-NHLP-CARES-Act-Eviction-Moratorium-Summary.pdf
- Communicating with residents about rent payments: https://www.nmhc.org/research-insight/analysis-and-guidance/emergency-preparedness/communicating-with-residents-rent/
- Up-to-date blog including anticipating reduced rent receipts, forbearance and eviction moratorium: https://www.novoco.com/notes-from-novogradac
- General information on mortgage forbearance under the CARE act: https://ajjcs.net/paper/main/2020/03/28/cares-act-impact-on-multifamily-housing-operators/
- National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) that provides direction and updates from Federal agencies including HUD and Rural Development : https://www.ncsha.org/covid-19/
- Nixon Peabody law firm has provided useful guidance on proactive COVID management for multifamily housing (there are a few updates of this article): https://www.nixonpeabody.com/en/ideas/articles/2020/03/16/covid-19-guidance-for-multifamily-property-owners
- CDC guidance for resident communities: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/retirement/index.html