Washington is Calling. Will You Answer?
For the apartment industry to have a voice on Capitol Hill, it’s critically important that all NAA members actively participate in the 2017 NAA Capitol Conference and Lobby Day.
Industry members need to educate more than 50 new members of Congress, as well as the returning Senators and Representatives, on the important issues at stake and their impact on NAA members’ businesses. As always, our goal is to reach all 535 Congressional offices. It’s a lofty goal, but will be made easier with the launch of the new, complimentary Advocacy365 app, your personal assistant on Lobby Day (and the rest of the year).
World-renowned presidential historian and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Doris Kearns Goodwin will keynote the Capitol Conference with her take on leadership lessons from American presidents.
Being an advocate is easy! NAA will conduct a webinar on the issues at 2 p.m. ET Wednesday, Feb. 22. Register now!
This year’s Lobby Day issues are:
- Tax Reform: Any proposed reforms must promote economic growth and investment in rental housing without unfairly burdening apartment owners and residents relative to other asset classes.
- National Flood Insurance Program Reauthorization: Congress must prevent disruption in the marketplace and pass a long-term reauthorization before the government’s backstop expires on Sept. 30, 2017.
- Americans with Disabilities Act Reform: Provide a business owner with the opportunity to cure an alleged deficiency prior to the initiation of a “drive-by” lawsuit.
For the first time, NAAEI credential holders can earn up to six continuing education credits (CECs) for participation:
- One CEC for participating in the Feb. 22, webinar
- Three CECs for attending Capitol Conference activities on March 7 from 12:45 – 4:30 p.m.
- Two CECs for participating in Lobby Day on March 8.
Whether you’re new to Lobby Day or a seasoned advocate, remember that your voice is critical to help the industry reach our policy goals. Congress needs and wants to hear from you!
Take advantage of the JW Marriott’s group rate (cut-off date: Feb. 10) and register now!
The Spring Governance meeting will precede the Capitol Conference from March 5 through 7.