Responsible for all phases of the maintenance operations of the property.
· Train and be responsible for work performed by all staff members under his/her direction including maintenance, housekeeping and groundskeeper, perform written evaluations of employees and make recommendations for salary increases and/or advancement; maintain accurate payroll records as required by the company; adhere to all company personnel directives as per the manual of policies and procedures.
· Diagnose, repair and maintain pools, pool equipment, HVAC equipment, roofs, lighting, fountains, pumps, motors, fans, plumbing, some appliances, boilers, heaters, electrical devises, door locks, drywall, painting, some carpentry, electrical components and any other tasks related to preparing apartment homes for occupancy.
· Establish schedule and assign personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage.
· Adhere to all maintenance and purchasing directives as per the manual of policy and procedure, including to but not limited to; property inspections, work orders, landscaping and grounds, safety, special maintenance items, purchase order procedure, stock control systems.
· Work with the established budget and notify the Property Manager of any possible variations.
· Ensure that all maintenance requests are handled on an immediate, if possible, and that residents are notified if parts must be ordered, causing a delay.
· Work with the Rental office in the scheduling of vacant units for refurbishing and occupancy.
· Assist the Rental office with public relations/customer service, including the set-up and assisting during the resident functions.
· Ensure that residents are provided with a clean, safe, and well maintained community.
· Report accidents and emergency situations to the Property Manager immediately.
· Continually inspect property and record deficiencies and taking the necessary action within budgetary allocations.
· Supervise outside contractors related to the maintenance aspect of the community.
· Assist the Property Manager with budget preparation and payable review.
· Supervises and motivates all maintenance personnel and housekeeping personnel.