AHA is seeking a Maintenance Plumber.
Apply at http://www.abqha.org/careers.aspx.
**RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF APPLICATION**
Competitive salary & benefits. EEOE & Drug-Free Workplace.
Position Title: Maintenance Plumber
Perform a variety of journey-level, skilled plumbing tasks supporting the repair and maintenance at all Albuquerque Housing Authority sites; troubleshoot, repair, replace or take other corrective action to maintain plumbing fixtures, accessories and equipment and perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
(Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the functions listed below)
The primary functions of the classification are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of each position allocated to the classification. The responsibilities and essential duties performed on a frequent and recurring basis include:
- Inspect and repair fixtures, steam lines, backflow prevention devices and pipes.
- Determine routing of pipe, sequence of operation and location of plumbing fixtures, accessories and equipment.
- Compute kind, size and amount of materials to use for assigned projects and repairs.
- Install, connect, test and maintain urinals, toilets, wash basins, water heaters, janitor sinks, drinking fountains, sprinkler systems, filter systems and other fixtures.
- Lay-out, install and maintain plumbing for water systems for facilities.
- Troubleshoot and repair major plumbing breakdowns such as clogged sewers, drains and fixtures.
- Install and repair vents and venting needed for water-heating equipment.
- Inspect, repair, and install boiler controls; evaluate water levels, pressure, and temperature.
- Test and rebuild backflow devices or all boilers as needed.
- Inspect, repair and install plumbing related to a wide variety of central-air systems including forced air, space heaters, wall heaters, convection, and conductor heaters.
- Calculate the correct sizing for installation of piping and fixtures. Coordinate maintenance work with other departments and divisions.
- Estimate time, materials, and equipment required for jobs assigned; Write the scope of work for procurement department.
- Complete and document work orders as assigned.
- Assist Maintenance technicians on other duties such as make readies, work orders and other duties as assigned
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair work.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receive general supervision from Assistant Manager of Public Housing.
May exercise functional and technical lead with maintenance staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
High School Diploma or GED and a two year vocational program in plumbing or a related field, plus four years of journey level plumbing experience.
Possession of a State of New Mexico Journeyman Plumber (JP) and Journeyman Gas Fitter (JG) License.
Possession of a Certificate in Backflow Prevention may be required.
May be required to travel occasionally. May be required to drive a vehicle on Authority business. Valid driver’s license at the time of employment and acceptable driving record throughout employment are required in this position.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The qualifications and competencies required to perform the duties and responsibilities of this classification are:
- Journey level plumbing practices and procedures
- Use and application of a variety of common plumbing hand tools
- Procedures and terminology used in the plumbing trade
- Interpret and read blueprints, diagrams and plans
- Backflow device installation and repair
- Techniques of soldering, brazing, and minor welding
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- Basic mathematical principles
- Principles and procedures of materials procurement
- Operational hazards and standard safety practices
- Swap coolers And Evaporators
Skill and Ability to:
- Effectively troubleshoot a variety of plumbing system problems
- Effectively use the full range of plumbing tools
- Repair and/or replace damaged plumbing and plumbing fixtures
- Assemble and install air, gas, water, and related systems
- Repair and install pumps
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Indoor and outdoor environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, fumes, infectious waste and inclement weather conditions.
Essential and supplemental functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing, walking, crouching, and bending for prolonged periods of time, light to moderate lifting, and operating motorized vehicles.