In this course you will learn how to build relationships with residents. You will improve your intake process, to give resident the best experience from the moment they walk through the doors, to the moment they leave. Give residents a great experience so they give you a great review.
• Participants learn the value of relationships
• Participants learn about the multicultural society and multigenerational customers.
Application & Screening
• Participants will learn about applications, fees and deposits.
• A detailed look at the screening process is taught
• Participantswill decide if they should accepta sampleresident.
New Resident Education
• The lease is discussed and effective move-in experiences are explored
• Participants will readand review a sample New Resident Information packet.
Ongoing Resident Communication
• Participants will discuss service requests, emergency maintenance and the role of newsletters
• Customizing resident activities are discussed and presented
Resident Retention & Renewal
• Participants willlearn the importance of service and satisfaction in retaining residents
• Participants will examine the renewal process
• Participants will complete a financial calculation about the impact of the renewal
Move Out Procedures
• Handling of move-outs is taught.
• Handling of security deposits is reviewed
• Participants learn the basic steps to aneviction
Community Files & Records
• Participants learn about a sampling of typical community forms and records
• Software and technology are explored as they add to the retention of data and records.
We recommend this course to property managers, assistant managers, qualifying brokers, and associate brokers.
(Workbook is included in course fees)
Guests/AANM Non-Members: $149*
Guest / ANAM Non-Member W/ CEU: $169*
NAAEI designees receive 2.5 hours of CEUs for attending. Additionally, this course is approved for 2 hours CEUs from the NM Real Estate Commission!
**NOTE: AANM's Board of Directors has adopted a cancellation policy effective July 16, 2010: A 30% cancellation fee will be applied for any cancellations received ten (10) calendar days or less prior to the seminar date. No shows are still due and payable. Guests do not qualify for charging privileges and must pre-pay prior to attending this seminar. Please contact AANM at 505.822.1114 to make payment arrangements.
Kelle Senyé, Executive Director for the Apartment Association of New Mexico since 2010, served as a member, both primary and associate for more than 15 years with the association. She has experience working for a variety of property management and advertising companies-large and small, national and local. She regularly facilitates training and provides help desk assistance. She graduated from ENMU with a Bachelor’s degree in 1993, and received an ARM® designation from the Institute for Real Estate Management in 1996. In 2015, she completed the Advanced Facilitator Training and became a member of the National Apartment Association Education Institute's faculty. Kelle fills the rest of her world with her husband Luis and their two young boys. In addition to being an avid runner and CrossFitter, she volunteers on the Governing Council of Mountain Mahogany Community School, the Board of Directors for the New Mexico Society of Association Executives, and the Board of Directors for PLAY Conservatory. Kelle serves as an ex-officio member of the AANM Board of Directors, the Government Affairs, and Membership committees for AANM.